Use sustainable tools for effective zootechnical purposes
Plants are non-motile organisms. They use their organs to manufacture and accumulate secondary metabolites, including essential oils, which are very powerful and very effective against hostile outside influences. Science and medicine have exploited these metabolites for therapeutic purposes.
Since its creation, IDENA has been promoting the active ingredients of the plant kingdom, as well as marine algae, to improve zootechnical performances. We have worked on several specific targets:
- DIGESTION, through a more balanced microbiota,
- ANTIOXIDANT and IMMUNOSTIMULANT properties,
- ENTERIC METHANE REDUCTION,
- Alternatives to GROWTH PROMOTORS, HORMONES and FORMALIN,
- STIMULATION OF APPETITE and increased palatability,
- HEPATHIC properties, and ASSIMILATION of nutrients.
Double expertise: exploitation of plant extracts and benefit of animals
Informed use of these powerful phytogenic molecules requires expertise and precision work on plants:
- Plant extracts consist of a mixture of various molecules; there is therefore a need to rigorously identify the effective molecules for a targeted action,
- The great variability of active ingredient content levels (species, variety, plant organ, geographical origin, diurnal and nocturnal variations etc) implies very careful selection and a standardization of our ingredients.
Idena is a leader in additives composed of phytochemical active ingredients. We have created a new generation of feed additives for all animal species, and have validated them at effective and economically relevant doses.
Each additive is focused on a specific goal and problem.
The technical performances are measured, in vitro and in vivo, via an independent network of experimental partners (universities, research centers).